According to Scout.com, offensive guard, Zach Myers, committed to the Kentucky Wildcats. Myers is from Miamisburg HS in Miamisburg, Ohio. He is listed at 6-foot-4 and 275 pounds. Zach reportedly landed the offer at the second Blue Lights Camp. His father is Brad Myers, a former Kentucky Wildcat. He also had offers from Toledo, Kent State and Ohio University in addition to the interest he was receiving from others. Zach becomes the tenth known commitment and the first from Ohio.
According to Keith Niebuhr of Rivals.com, Kentucky has offered punter/kicker, Landon Foster, of Independence High School in Franklin (TN). This surprises me for a number of reasons. Offers aren’t always extended to specialists. Different schools have different approaches, but I’m not the biggest fan. UK already has one scholarship wrapped up in kicker, Joe Mansour. I trust the staff, but my thoughts are a little different.
- Kings HS (OH) RB Jamire Westbrook is the cousin of NFL running back, Brian. Westbrook committed to Miami (OH) after receiving some serious interest from UK.
- According to 247sports, UK is in the pole position for GA RB Shadrach Thornton. It will be interesting to see who ends up committing to UK as so many are high on the Wildcats.
- Brian Eldridge says that VA LB Devin Vandyke will be visiting UK today and tomorrow which is a huge development. The Cats never have luck in Virginia and getting a visit from such a talented player is a step in the right direction.
- Kentucky basketball recruit, IN SF Gary Harris, also has an offer to play wide receiver fro the Cats according to Jody Demling.
Hey everyone! Sorry my posts haven’t been as frequent as usual. I went to Universal Studios today and let me say, go to Cedar Point. Kentucky is in good shape with a number of cornerbacks: Jonathon Jones, Devontre Parnell and one that gets a little less publicity, Jadarius West.
- GA CB Jadarius West‘s head coach told me that UK is firmly in his top three. Coach also told me that his teammate and fellow cornerback, Devon Miller, is also receiving a lot of Kentucky interest. Miller claims Kentucky as his leader and his coach cited Kentucky coach Tee Martin as the reason why. Shocking, I know.
- GA RB Charles Purnell visited Kentucky this summer according to his coach.
- If it hasn’t been announced, former Kentucky recruit and Miami (FL) transfer, Storm Johnson, is likely headed to Central Florida I was told. UK never got back in the mix.
- Not that it matters, but it sounds like Kentucky made an offer to Apopka HS (FL) center, Ty Darlington, before he committed to the Oklahoma Sooners.
- LSU, Florida, Miami (FL) and Alabama are currently the top four for MS DT Nick James. LSU is presumed to be the leader.
In case anyone missed it, four Kentucky Wildcats (three if you are ESPN or the NCAA) were drafted into the NBA this past Thursday night. Enes Kanter went off the board first at #3 to the Utah Jazz. Brandon Knight then followed soon after at #8 to Detroit, where he will join former Wildcat, Tayshaun Prince. Two other Cats would come off the board in the 2nd round at picks 45 and 53 to the New York Knicks and Orlando Magic respectively. Congrats to all the former Wildcats former! Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat. So don’t be shy.
I can’t really say a whole lot right now, but FL LB Ey’Shawn McClain said he intends to visit West Virginia, Cincinnati and Kentucky this fall and that will hopefully lead to a decision. West Virginia, the Iowa schools and Rutgers are always formidable opponents in battles for Florida kids, so don’t overlook them.
KY S/LB Jeremy Clark chose to accept a greyshirt offer to the University of Michigan. He camped at UK recently. He told Scout.com that new offers won’t change his decision.
That’s all for now!
Hey everyone, my activity on the blog may slow down a bit over the next week as I am getting away from these allergies and weather to go south to Florida. Have a good day and Go Big Blue!